Sharing my top 5 ways to get your home feeling like Spring! This post is sponsored by Bona, but the content and opinions are my own.
I think for many of us, it definitely doesn’t feel like Spring yet. My friends up north are still getting tons of snow and here in Florida its been in the 90’s, so apparently we just skipped straight to summer. I refuse to let that happen and I have been getting our home “Spring ready” this week, despite the weather outside. These are the 5 ways that have really made our home start to feel like Spring.
- Get rid of the clutter. This is a big one. It’s also the hardest one for me. We have a clutter pile in almost every room, especially paperwork. Spring is the perfect time to go through and organize or throw away everything that you don’t absolutely need. It’s an instant way to make your home feel cleaner and more relaxing.
- Diffuse uplifting essential oils. My favorites for this time of year are citrus and floral essential oils. They can totally change the atmosphere of your home and get you in the mood for Spring! We have a diffuser in almost every room so as we move onto different tasks I always have some going. Not into using oils? Candles with spring time scents work as well!
- Decorate with bright/clean colors. No more dark, moody colors. As much as I love decorating for the Holidays, I get so excited seeing all of those dark colors leave and bringing in whites, greens, yellows, and blue. These colors are bright and cheery and something about them just makes you feel happy.
- Bring in some house plants and fresh flowers. I love getting to finally some new house plants this time of year, especially with all of the sunshine returning. It’s the easiest way to get the spring air indoors. Every now and then I’ll grab a fresh bouquet of flowers from my local grocery store for some added fun.
- Do a deep clean. This is the one time of year I do a deep clean of the entire house. The holidays are done, presents and decor put away, and before the busyness of Summer begins I like to have everything super clean. I always like to open all of the windows if the weather permits, to let in some fresh air. I go room-by-room, empty the cabinets and closets, and get rid of what we don’t use then wipe everything down. I save the floors for last once everything is done. This way I can vacuum and mop everything at once.
My absolutely favorite way to clean the floors is with Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner and the Premium Spray Mop. It is the perfect tool for Spring cleaning! It gets floors spotless, with a solution that dries fast and leaves no dulling residue. The Bona Premium Spray Mop is easy and quick enough to use daily but powerful enough to get that deep down dirt and grime, leaving floors beautiful and clean! The GREENGUARD GOLD certification confirms it’s safe for use in your home and around your family. (Finding a floor clean that is non-toxic a big deal win for me!) You can learn more about Bona here.
What are your favorite ways to make your home feel like Spring?