I think a lot of parents can agree with me that once you have kids you constantly feel busy. It’s like having an endlessly busy schedule with an aways growing to do list, and you strive to be “that” mom who has it all under control. I don’t claim to be one of those moms but I am always looking for ways to make life a little easier so I can have it all a little more under control. Especially when it comes to having a clean house.
When the house is clean and tidy, I feel so much more at ease. Some of the weight is lifted off of my shoulders and I can really focus on what needs to be done throughout the rest of the day. I used to leave the cleaning for first thing in the morning, and I would spend about 2 hours cleaning then by bedtime it would all be destroyed again. Worst idea ever. Who likes to wake up to a total disaster and start their day having to clean? Then go to bed with messes everywhere. I can’t believe I put myself through that for so long. I now clean smarter and have cut my daily routine down to 30 minutes or less. These habits will keep your house tidy and make your cleaning schedule much easier!
- Keep the kitchen clean. The kitchen is the one room in the house where if it is messy, the rest of the house feels messy too. I load the dishwasher throughout the day as soon as we are done using something, run it at night before bed, and put the dishes away in the morning after breakfast. This way there are never dirty dishes in the sink. After putting the dishes away I just do a quick wipe down of the countertops and make sure everything is put in its place.
- Do a quick wipe down in the bathrooms. No need to deep clean them everyday. I just grab a disinfectant wipe and wipe down the counters, mirror, and toilet quickly.
- Quick clean ups. A few times a day, whenever I notice the house getting messier than I feel comfortable with, I have us all stop and pick up a few things each. This makes it so the cleaning isn’t just my responsibility and it’s much quicker when all of us help out versus me doing it alone.
- Laundry. I used to have a laundry day dedicated each week and it felt like I would spend the entire day doing laundry. We also always had that one chair that became covered in clean laundry that I was too tired to put away for a few days. It was miserable. Now I always do one load a day. There are never any dirty clothes sitting in the hamper for too long and as soon as the laundry is done I put it away.
- Keep the floors clean. There are a few things I am adamant on when it comes to my hardwood floors: Absolutely no shoes in the house, vacuum once a day, and mop the floors twice a week. I like to move everything in the room to one side, do a quick vacuum and then mop it on the days it needs it. To be honest I used to mop every other week and then get grossed out by how dirty the floors were. Luckily, I found out about the Bona Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner and my floors never have to go so long without being clean again.
Bona has made cleaning my floors so much easier. I used to get down on my hands and knees with a bucket and scrub the floors. Seriously. I will never do that again. The Bona mop has the largest base plate, ensuring I can clean my floors faster and easier. My favorite part is the microfiber cleaning pad that I can just throw in the wash after using. The dark blue outer fibers of the cleaning pad break up grime, while the inner light blue fibers trap and absorb dirt. Together, the mop and cleaning solution clean up all our messes and in a hurry. We paint a lot in my house and Bona gets the paint messes up easily every single time.
Don’t forget to sign up to be a BonaFide Fanatic here and receive free shipping, plus $5 off of a mop! The cleaning solution is GREENGUARD GOLD certification so it’s safe for use around your family and in your home. Some of their other cleaning products include Bona Free & Simple, Bona PowerPlus and Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner.