Cold and flu season are officially here. As a busy mom I do not have time to get sick. I mean, who really DOES have time to get sick? I’ve begun being the full blown germaphobe mom who wipes down the entire shopping cart before letting my toddler inside. I want to jump out before this thing and if not prevent, at least be ready to handle any colds that may come our way. So let’s get prepared, with these simple tips during cold and flu season that can be used by the entire family.
- Daily probiotics for your entire family. I make sure we are all taking these year round. A huge part of your body’s immune system is actually located in your gut, almost 80% in fact. So probiotics are a must to support your body’s health and boost your body’s levels of healthy bacteria.
- Wash hands often and bring along hand sanitizer. Germs are everywhere and you can’t expect everyone to stay home when sick, so you have to be proactive. Getting my toddler to wash her hands is usually a struggle, so I make sure to have a plant-based hand sanitizer on me at all times!
- Detox baths. My toddler and I love these. I make sure she takes one once a week to flush toxins out of her body, and more often when she is sick. There are so many different ways to prepare a detox bath, but the basics are baking soda, epsom salts, coconut oil, and a few drops of essential oil. Detox baths can aid your body in flushing out toxins, reduce any inflammation, and so much more. They are also very relaxing!
- Clean out your medicine cabinet. Check the dates on everything! There is nothing worse than having to make a midnight run to the store when you realize your medicine is all expired. I have had this happen a few times and now I make sure to clean out our medicine cabinet every few months.
- Stock up on essentials at Walmart. Walmart has two of my favorite things when shopping: Free 2 day shipping and free curbside pickup. These are both amazing as a busy mom because you literally don’t have to step foot into a store. No meltdowns or having to get everyone ready, just order online and you are set!
One thing I always make sure to have on hand is Kleenex. Not just because they are the softest tissues, but because they help us keep on top of our health all year round. Did you know Kleenex kills 99.9% of cold and flu viruses in the tissue within 15 minutes? With so many Kleenex options like Ultra Soft, Soothing Lotion, and Anti-Viral, they really are the best tissue for everyone.