When I decided to become a stay-at-home mom, I never imagined how busy I would be. I thought I would have all this free time for myself and as most parents know, that is definitely not the case. Between working from home, chasing after my toddler, homeschooling, and doing all of the cooking and cleaning, there is very little time for myself. Does anyone else have those days where you forget to eat lunch or even drink enough? That’s why I started a new routine to make sure I am always staying hydrated at the very least.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up. This is hard for me because I feel like I can’t function before I have a cup of coffee, so naturally I go straight for the french press in the morning instead of having water. But coffee can contribute to dehydration, and when you are dehydrated it can affect your coordination and concentration. Now I keep a glass of water on the nightstand and make sure I drink it as soon as I wake up, before I make a pot of coffee.
- Buy a cute bottle or cup that you will actually want to use. These pineapple cups are my new favorite for when we are home! I fill them with my favorite drink and leave it at my work desk to make sure I am drinking throughout the day. For on the go, I have a large glass bottle that I always bring with me.
- Drink a glass of water before or during each meal. Sometimes you feel hungry when in reality you are just thirsty!
- Drink a glass of water after every trip to the bathroom. It’s such an easy way for you to replenish your fluids after. I do this instead of setting a timer every hour or so. That way it becomes more of a habit in the future.
- Switch it up a bit with some coconut water! I personally love the taste of water, but I know that’s not the case for most people. My husband and daughter find it boring and so I started buying coconut water to give them some extra flavor. I was so excited to find out Welch’s now makes juice with coconut water. No more watering down juice or worrying about the sugar!
Welch’s brand new 100% juice with coconut water has naturally 30% less sugar and no added sweeteners or sugars! As a mom, that makes me extremely happy. No more having to water down the juice or worry about my toddler having too much sugar. There are also no artificial flavors added and there are 2 servings of fruit in every 8oz glass. Win for moms everywhere. We love the tropical berry grape and white grape mango flavors! You can find them at your local retailer using the find in store tool here! Which flavor would you try first?