Beauty Reviews Wellness

Summer Beauty Must Haves

This post is sponsored by Organic Doctor, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

In the last few years, skincare and haircare have become super important to me. I don’t want to use products that just work well, they must also benefit my skin and hair while having more natural ingredients. This is especially important to me in the summer, when my skin and hair are most likely to be damaged. We have had weather in the 90’s all summer and some days it even goes above 100. So every morning I make sure to use the products that will keep everything hydrated, protected, and nourished. Here are my current favorite summer beauty must haves…

Haircare

• Living Proof Restore Instant Protection – It protects against heat and UV damage, while adding a lightweight shine to your hair. I love how soft my hair feels after using this product and that it keeps static and frizz at bay.
  • Bumble and Bumble Styling Cream – This is part creme and part mousse for style and hold. You can use it on damp hair before blow drying or let air dry for a more sleek look.
  • Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo – My favorite dry shampoo that cleans without water. I love that it is unscented and how well it eliminates oily hair after a long day in the summer heat.

Makeup

• Beauty Counter Tint Skin – Lightweight hydrating foundation. Perfect for summer daytime wear when you only need a little coverage.
  • IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation – Full coverage moisturizer with SPF 50+. I use this on days when I need more coverage and love that it has SPF in it already.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade – Waterproof and smudge-free brow product. My favorite brow product ever. It lasts all day and night. Whether you’re at the beach or in the pool, it’s not going anywhere.
  • bareMinerals Blush – Lightweight mineral powder blush. Perfect to add a little pinch of color to your cheeks.
  • Premium Organic Mascara – 100% natural mascara to nourish lashes. The only mascara I will use anymore. It actually nourishes and makes your lashes stronger, instead of drying them out. Exactly what you want in the summertime heat!

Skincare

• Schmidts Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant – Mineral enriched natural deodorant. The only natural deodorant I have ever used that actually WORKS. Even in the summer.
  • Cocokind Raspberry Vinegar Toner – For oily and acne prone skin. I use this after cleaning my face on days when my skin feels more oily or if I have any breakouts. It also helps heal damaged skin.
  • Cocokind MyMatcha, Macabeet, and Turmeric Sticks – 3 sticks that each have a purpose. One to moisturize, one for some moisturizing blush or lip tint, and one for spot treatment. These all go with me everywhere. I use MyMatcha under my eyes and on my lips, the Macabeet on my lips and cheeks when I want a little color, and the Turmeric stick whenever I have breakouts.
  • Organic Doctor Snail Gel – Helps hydrate and moisturize skin.
  • Organic Doctor Tea Tree Face Wash – Deep cleaning for oily and blemish prone skin.
  • Organic Doctor Rose Otto Skin Lotion – Intensive moisturizing for all over the body.
  • Organic Doctor Rose Otto Face Mask – Clay based and nutrient rich face mask.
  • Organic Doctor Virgin Coconut Oil Hydrating Radiance Elixir – Deeply moisturizing and hydrating elixir to revitalize dry and tired skin.

The Organic Doctor skincare products have recently become a favorite of mine, especially for summer skincare. The first product I used was the Rose Otto face mask and after rinsing it off, my skin felt softer than it ever has before. I was hooked from then on. I followed it up with the Virgin Coconut Oil Hydrating Radiance Elixir before bed. When I woke up, my skin was soft, refreshed, and gave me a natural glow. Organic Doctor products are now available at CVS and on Amazon.

What are your favorite summer beauty products?

Kelly
    August 9, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I love charcoal face products!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Brigette
    August 29, 2017 at 11:46 am

I really want to try a clay mask! I have heard nothing but good things about them. Definitely on my to try list!

whisktangofox@gmail.com
      August 31, 2017 at 10:55 am

My face gets SO soft after! Definitely worth a try!

Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh
    September 1, 2017 at 11:23 am

These look like great products. I have heard of several brands, but some were new to me. I love dry shampoo, and a great hair mask!

Angela Tolsma
    September 1, 2017 at 12:34 pm

The Cocokind MyMatcha, Macabeet, and Turmeric Sticks sound so intriguing! I definitely could use those in my life. I have never heard of this organic brand, also going to have to try to find it and see! Love the packaging

Melissa Chapman
    September 1, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I have never tried or heard of Organic Dr. products but the ingredients sound great. Your other suggestions also sound like a great way to combat summer skin and hair damage.

Flossie McCowald | SuperMomHacks
    September 1, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Mmm – I love my Cotz tinted sunscreens, but since they are kinda pricey and not the best for summer bike rides, I use my Neutrogena ones a lot too!

Virjinia Harp
    September 1, 2017 at 8:52 pm

I haven’t tried Organic Doctor but I’ll have to give it a shot soon. I’ve used some of the hair products you mentioned. That dry shampoo is a MUST!

Katie
    September 1, 2017 at 10:43 pm

All of these products look amazing. I’d love to try the tea tree face wash – seems like something that’s right up my alley.

Erica
    September 1, 2017 at 10:45 pm

I just ordered my first ever Beauty Counter cosmetics. I’ll check out Organic Doctor. I’m always looking to ad more clean products to my routine

AnnMarie John
    September 2, 2017 at 12:36 am

I am always up for anything that hydrates my skin as it dries easily from the weather! I think it’s important to have a moisturizer with SPF in your bag at all times. These products sound amazing!

ALY FUNK
    September 2, 2017 at 11:09 am

I really need to check some of these out! I have such dry skin in the summer. I think these would help

Angie
    September 2, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Great post! I’ve been thinking about getting some dry shampoo just because I don’t like to wash my hair every other day, but in the summer it is that, or a hat. I might have to give your recommendation a try.

Patricia
    September 2, 2017 at 8:49 pm

I’ve yet to try Beauty Counter but I really want to soon!! And that mascara sounds like a great find! Thanks for sharing such a comprehensive list!

Carolyn
    September 2, 2017 at 10:18 pm

I found a favorite sunscreen for my face this summer but these products sound great too. I need to try new products more often as I tend to get stuck in the same old routine.

Kristin Davies
    September 2, 2017 at 11:48 pm

These products look awesome! I want to try them all!

Cindy Ingalls
    September 3, 2017 at 12:16 am

I love Schmidts deodorants. I haven’t tried the Charcoal version, but I’ve been curious about it. I’m also a huge fan of toners or hydrating facial mists. It helps keep my skin feeling hydrated in the hot summer sun.

Angela @marathonsandmotivation.com
    September 3, 2017 at 11:01 am

These all sound like great products! I have been wanting to freshen up my look, so will definitely give these a try!!

Ayana Pitterson
    September 3, 2017 at 12:00 pm

I definitely struggle with a skincare regiment in the summer. The heat for some reason brings on all the various skin problems I have, and I have to be very regimented with keeping a schedule. I haven’t tried any of your suggestions honestly, but will look into it.

Thrifting Diva

Beth Newcomb
    September 3, 2017 at 12:07 pm

I’ve never heard of Organic Doctor! Will have to check them out! Thanks for sharing!

Heather Brown
    September 3, 2017 at 2:24 pm

So many goodies in this post that I need to try!

Toughcookiemommy
    September 3, 2017 at 6:07 pm

These products are great for adding to your summer beauty regimen. I had no idea some of these even existed but I’m glad to learn about them and try them now.

Renee @ The Good Hearted Woman
    September 4, 2017 at 10:45 am

Organic Doctor is a new brand to me too. I’m always on the lookout for natural skin care products, so will have to check it out.

Nicole Banuelos
    September 4, 2017 at 10:47 am

I’m definitely going to check out that Schmidts Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant!

StylishGeek
    September 5, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Thanks for your tips! I have never actually tried the Organic Skin Doctor brand so I have to look into them. Curious about the Rose Otto Face mask. Looks like a good product to try! Thanks for the post!