Living in Florida, we are lucky enough to be able visit Disney World almost every week. Lately we will even grab some of our homeschool curriculum and complete it at one of the parks after dinner. I have had lots of trial and error with what items I absolutely need to bring in my bag when we go, because you don’t want to have more than necessary. The more stuff in your bag just means the more time you spend at bag check and nobody wants that. I now have a list of 10 items that I make sure to bring with us every time. Whether its your first or 100th visit, these are my Disney World park bag essentials…
- Sunscreen- If you are going during the daytime, I recommend bringing along a small spray and a face stick. I like to apply with the spray as soon as we get out of the car so we are ready to go, then use the stick to reapply a few areas if we will be there most of the day.
- Sunglasses- A pair for everyone. We each have a cheap pair just to bring to Disney in case they get lost or forgotten on a ride.
- Hats- Just to get some extra shade and keep the sun off of your face.
- Poncho or raincoats- It rains a lot in Florida and at random times. It will go from hot and sunny to huge thunderstorms in minutes. Luckily they don’t last very long, but you do want to be prepared. It’s also much cheaper to bring your own raincoats than to pay for the ponchos in the park, which you will probably never use again.
- Bandaids- My toddler has had her fair share of scrapes while we visit the parks. Instead of having to visit a first aid center and take time out of your day, I recommend bringing a few bandaids with you!
- Phone and portable charger- You are going to be taking tons of photos and you don’t want to miss out on a special moment because your phone is dead. With a portable charger you can just plug it in and throw it in your bag.
- Wipes- With all the sweet treats that Disney has to offer, wipes are not something you want to forget. I often use them to wipe my toddler’s face down when it is really hot out.
- Hand sanitizer- I don’t want to be THAT mom, but I do like to bring hand sanitizer. Especially if i know that we will be eating while we are there.
- Healthy snacks- Our favorites are granola bars and beef jerky. Anything that you can grab and go, and will keep you tied over until your next meal. You don’t want to be hangry, or have a hangry toddler while you’re in line for a ride.
- Water bottles- Most important thing on the list. It gets SO hot this time of year, especially in the parks, where I swear it gets 10 degrees hotter. It has been in the high 90’s to 100 degrees here all summer and I can’t tell you how many people we have seen at the parks with heat stroke.
When it comes to water, please please please don’t let yourself forget to bring some! I always freeze a few bottles and throw them in my bag, that way they are cold throughout the day! With FIJI’s delivery service, you can have cases of water delivered to your front door, with several different size bottles to choose from. This way you always have water available for you and your kids to just grab and go! 100% of their water comes from the Fiji islands, from a natural aquifer, which means it is filtered by volcanic rock. FIJI water is actually untouched by man, until you open the cap! I love the 500mL FIJI bottles of water, as they are the perfect size to fit in my purse or in the stroller. You can find out more about their delivery service here.