This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpecialKGoodness #CollectiveBias
These ideas and tips for prepping healthy snacks will keep you on track and ensure you are eating healthy throughout your busy day!
As a mom I feel that taking care of myself has sort of taken a backseat. So this year I am determined to ensure I am eating as much as I should, working out, and keeping myself as healthy as possible. The biggest struggle for me, has always been making sure I am eating enough. Working full time from home while chasing a toddler around leaves me scatterbrained throughout the day and there are some days where its 2pm and I realize I haven’t eaten a single thing yet…..other than coffee. How horrible is that?
I make so much effort to ensure that my family eats healthy and nutritious food and I FORGET TO EAT. Well no more. I started creating these ready to grab snacks every Sunday night, so that I can just grab something every couple hours, and my toddler loves them all too! I usually have a few large tupperware containers in the refrigerator and a few in the pantry as well, full of healthy snacks for all of us.
Tips on prepping your own healthy snacks:
- Create a list of all the healthy snacks that your family will enjoy, especially you, BEFORE you go shopping. It may be tempting to grab some unhealthy options so be sure to stick to your list!!
- Prep everything at the beginning of the week. If you start work on Monday, prep everything on Sunday so you are ready to go with no excuses the next day. Chop up your veggies and fruits, boil your eggs, get everything together in one or two spots so you can easily just grab and go.
- Store your snacks in central locations. Put the healthy prepped snacks at eye level in the pantry so you see them right away when you go to grab for something. In the fridge put them right in the center too.
Healthy snack ideas to add to your list:
- Special K Nourish® Bars and Bites
- Special K® Protein Bars and Bites
- Hardboiled eggs
- String cheese
- Carrot sticks
- Sliced apples
- Cucumber slices
- Almond/peanut butter
- Special K® Crackers
- Special K® Chips
- Sliced bell peppers
- Greek yogurt
My favorite snacks right now are these NEW bars and bites from Special K at Target. I always have a few of the bars in my purse and I love snacking on the bites throughout the day at home. I have found that the Protein bars are perfect on my way to the gym to get in 8g of protein before my workout. These bars and bites are my favorite snacks when I want something a little sweet without any added guilt, and when I am on the go. My favorite flavors right now are the Dark Chocolate Pistachio Nourish® Bites and the Caramel Pretzel Cashew Protein Bars.
As if these bars and bites weren’t great enough, I have found myself having a bowl of Special K® cereal for breakfast as it is quick and healthy. The Red Berries is my favorite and my husband goes through at least one box of their Protein cereal a week! You can’t go wrong with Special K® and their wholesome and delicious ingredients. To see more of their healthier options, be sure to check their site out here!
Ready to start prepping?! Be sure to check out all of these deals on Cartwheel for Special K® items at Target now! You can find the Special K Nourish® Bars and Bites and the Special K® Protein Bars and Bites in the granola bar aisle at your local Target store.