“Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.” -Mandy Hale
I am back at it this week with some lovely ladies for our Think Happy, Be Happy Link Party. This link party was created as a way to create some inspiration and happiness as we begin our week. It can be hard to find the happiness in our day to day, and I believe it truly does help to take a second to find the positive. Please take a second to visit all of my wonderful co-hosts who will be sharing this link party as well!
- Kristen of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
- Kristen of Blissfully Insane
- Autumn of Our Blended Home
- Corianne of iCorianne
- Jessica of Kozy and Co
- Liz of Lizz And Co
- Cathy of A Boy and His Mom
Today and everyday, I am so happy that I get to stay home with my toddler. We may not be as financially stable as we would like to be, but staying home and watching our daughter grow is so much more important to us than that. Today we went swimming, had a picnic lunch outside, went to the park, and then gave each other some temporary tattoos. This beats working any day. I know that most days we argue at some point and have our meltdowns, which is totally expected when spending 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with your toddler, but the good times totally outweigh those crazy times. I have gotten to see her grow and help her excel at everything she tries to do. The feeling is just so surreal to see this little person doing so much on their own when they were just a baby one year ago.
There are times when we have both woken up on the wrong side of the day, my to do list is miles long, and I would give anything to hide in the closet and have a quiet moment to myself, for just 5 minutes. But I would not give this up for anything. I found this quote a few months ago that has totally changed my outlook on life since having a child and really makes me appreciate every moment of it.
I may have lost myself in motherhood but I found someone even better.
What are you guys happy for this week?!
RULES OF THE PARTY:
- Leave a link to your actual post and not your homepage. A link back to your host, is greatly appreciated.
- Feel free to grab our link party button to add to your post. Please link up only your happiness related posts.
- Don’t link up and run, please visit other bloggers. Make new friends or say hello to old friends.
- Please follow your hosts and guest hosts in some way.
- Have fun with your posts! I truly hope it helps with starting your week off on a positive note!