Thank you to #Radisson for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to getaway for my own staycation! #TakeMeThereSweepstakes
I don’t know about you guys, but we just could not afford a vacation this year. But after the last 6 months we’ve had, I feel like we deserved some type of vacation. Somewhere to relax, without the stress of planning a real trip somewhere, without booking flights, and without having to pack suitcases for 3 people. Enter the staycation. I had never even heard of this term until this year and immediately fell in love with the idea of it. For those of you with kids that will be home for Spring Break, or you stay at home moms who have kids all of the time, and either way you just don’t want to hear those three words “I am bored.” Here are some staycation ideas for you. #TakeMeThere
- Be a tourist. There are SO many things we haven’t done in our town and we have lived in this area our entire lives. I bet I can say the same for most of you. Get out and do some things that you wouldn’t normally do. Go visit the tourist locations. Take lots of pictures. Eat at a local restaurant that isn’t a chain. Go to a museum and learn more about your city.
- Camping. The great thing about this is that you can do it in your own backyard. Pitch a tent, make a campfire, roast some hotdogs and smores. Don’t like the idea of sleeping outside? Camp indoors! My child would probably appreciate camping indoors a bit more since it doesn’t include bugs. But you could always start outside and come inside to sleep!
- Drive in movie or movie on the lawn. I always forget about drive in movies for some reason but it is the PERFECT solution to not wanting your toddler or children to ruin the movie for someone else. Pick a movie the entire family will love, bring some snacks and popcorn, and enjoy a movie together outside.
- Local sporting events. I cannot stand watching sports on TV but something about seeing them in person makes it so much fun! Look up if any local teams are playing and make it a family event. Depending on where you live you can even go to a high school game. Anything to get your family out of the house and cheering on their favorite teams.
- Stay in a hotel nearby. We decided to plan a trip to a local resort style hotel, that didn’t have resort prices. The Radisson we chose has three pools, a 42 foot water slide, a pool view, and pillow top beds. Uhm, yes please. I love not having to clean up after yourselves. You can unplug, relax, and get rested up after a day at the pool. Lucky for you guys, I am giving away ONE FREE NIGHT at a Radisson hotel!
Visit the campaign landing page, select a postcard image that highlights one of the featured Radisson destinations. Then share the image on Twitter with #TakeMeThereSweepstakes to enter for a chance to win a vacation for two and other great prizes. You will also receive a 10% off e-certificate just for sharing to Facebook or Pinterest. Share the link to your #TakeMeThereSweepstakes Tweet below in the comments. You will also be entered to win the #TakeMeThereSweepstakes for a 5 day #Radisson getaway! That is two chances to win!!
— Kristen | WTFtheblog (@WhiskTangoFox) April 7, 2016