“Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.” -Mandy Hale
Hello friends! This link party was created as a way to create some inspiration and happiness as we begin our week. It can be hard to find the happiness in our day to day, and I believe it truly does help to take a second to find the positive. Please take a second to visit all of my wonderful co-hosts who will be sharing this link party as well!
- Kristen of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
- Kristen of Blissfully Insane
- Autumn of Our Blended Home
- Corianne of iCorianne
- Jessica of Kozy and Co
- Liz of Lizz And Co
- Kristen of Love, Lipstick, and Pearls
Recently, my husband and I have realized we both have a case of destination addiction. We are both always reaching for that next goal and assume that happiness will come when we reach that next goal. We always feel that happiness is somewhere else and not where we are now. My gosh, how horrible that sounds when I type it out. But it is 100% real and definitely the reality we were living with. So I have made it my personal goal to stop and think about what I am happy for every morning and evening. Today, I am so happy and thankful for the apartment we are living in. There are so many things I would normally complain about with it, and we have been stuck on this notion that we need a house to be happy. But that is not true. We should be happy that we have such a nice place to live, in a very safe area. I am happy that this morning the three of us took Monster for a walk and got to enjoy the nature surrounding where we live. There are these gigantic cranes that we normally complain about because they tear up the yard, and are extremely loud, but there was a mama bird on her gigantic nest with a bunch of little baby cranes around her. How many places have you lived where something like this is happening in your backyard of all places? It is all in how you look at things. Is the glass half empty, or half full? I really want to strive to always look at our glass as half full from now on. Do any of you have this same issue?
Rules of the Party:
- Leave a link to your actual post and not your homepage. A link back to your host, is greatly appreciated. Feel free to grab our link party button to add to your post.
- Please link up only your happiness related posts.
- Don’t link up and run, please visit other bloggers. Make new friends or say hello to old friends.
- Please follow your hosts and guest hosts in some way.
- Have fun with your posts! I truly hope it helps with starting your week off on a positive note!