frugal lifestyle mom

Real Ways to Make Money From Home

Leaving the military was a huge life changer for us. You are pretty much thrown out on your own with no job or place to live and have to figure it all out from nothing. I cannot tell you guys how many times this past year, I have wished and hoped for a miracle to happen where we aren’t struggling financially and that all of our bills just disappear. I am sure that money is a huge issue with most stay at home moms and dads, and that I am not alone in this. There are so many scams out there too, that promise you can make money from home yet they never work and are exactly that: scams. I am here to share with you some REAL ways to make money from home. It is not enough to provide an entire income, but these bring in an average of $500 a month or more for me, and only take a few hours a day of your time. They are also totally doable with children, which is a huge factor when trying to earn money from home.

MAKE MONEY FROM HOME

Note: some of these are affiliate linked to make signing up super easy and convenient!

Field Agent | This is an app that you must have an iPhone for. It brings up jobs in your local area, and most of them require you to scan items around certain stores near you, and may have you take pictures of the packaging as well. Each job usually takes a few minutes and you can earn anywhere from $3 to $12 per task. I have gotten lots of tasks for Target, Publix, and Walmart. I am always at Target anyway, so why not make some extra money? One weekend, my husband and I made about $75 from Target alone.

Ibotta | This is another app that pays you for buying groceries and other items. You simply scan the items and take a picture of your receipt. Most of the items I get money back for frequently, are things like bread, bananas, milk, eggs, and stuff I buy regularly. The best thing is to buy items with coupons, then use Ibotta on top of that, and I find myself getting things for free or very close to it. If you sign up through my link, you will get 10$ into your account once you scan your first rebate!

LeapForce | I have been working with this company for about 6 months now. You are an independent contractor, not an employee, so you do have to pay your own taxes at the end of the year, but this is where I make the majority of my income. You start off by taking an assessment and if you pass, you will be getting paid about $13.50 an hour, doing search engine evaluation. The work can be sporadic at times, but luckily for me it has been very steady this year. You can usually choose how much you want to work and finish tasks at your convenience.

Ebates | This is another way to get money back on things you are already spending money on in the first place. They also give you a free gift card just for signing up through my link. With this site, you get cash back on purchases, just buy opening the store’s site through the Ebates homepage, or downloading their tool on your browser’s toolbar. Around Christmas I got back enough money on my purchases that I was able to pay for all of Mila’s Christmas gifts. And there is no catch, you literally just shop online and get money back into your Paypal account. They will even apply coupons for the website you are shopping on, so no more searching around online for coupon codes.

Swagbucks | At first I was not  a fan of this site, but once you figure out what works best for you, you can make some extra money here. I have their search tool installed on my web browser, so every time I do a search I get points. You can take surveys for a large number of points. You can also watch videos and test out games. Once you have enough points you redeem them for gift cards or cash. I use all of my points from this site and redeem them for Starbucks gift cards. I know we will be spending money there so why not have it paid for already just by doing simple tasks online?

Do any of you have any ways that you make money from home? Have you tried any of these? Feel free to share and I will add them to this list!

Kait
    March 16, 2016 at 8:46 pm

These are all such good ideas! I need to check out Ibotta — I’ve been hearing so much about it!

whisktangofox@gmail.com
      March 17, 2016 at 8:22 am

Definitely! If you sign up through my link, you will get 10$ into your account once you scan your first rebate. I made my entire family sign up, haha. My mom gets back tons of money each month just from grocery shopping.

Robin Masshole Mommy
    March 23, 2016 at 6:22 am

My friend keeps telling me sign up for ebates. She makes a ton of money off of that site.

Skye
    March 23, 2016 at 8:06 am

I keep hearing about iBotta! I really need to sign up for it.

Heather
    March 23, 2016 at 9:45 am

I love swagbucks! All those $5 amazon gift cards really add up for me, and it helps with my book buying obsession 🙂

Jena
    March 23, 2016 at 11:11 am

Great post! Gotta check some of these out. Thank you!

leah herring
    March 23, 2016 at 12:55 pm

I just read about Ibotta this past week, I had never heard of it before. I’m definitely going to look into these!

Vicky
    March 23, 2016 at 1:32 pm

I have never heard of some of these programs but since I am always looking for more ways to make money. I will have to check them out. Which program is your favorite?

Beeb Ashcroft
    March 23, 2016 at 5:16 pm

I am familiar with a few of these but was surprised to hear about some new ones (to me)! I’m always looking for more opportunities to work from home.

Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories
    March 23, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I had Ibotta on my phone but got out of the habit of using it when I started shopping at Trader Joes more. I belong to Swagbucks and Ebates too and never remember to use them. Thanks for the reminder, I know lots of people male money from them.

dani cc
    March 23, 2016 at 8:53 pm

what great ideas to generate revenue for you and your family!

michele
    March 23, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Ive seen some of these apps and thought they were scams? I can’t believe that they really work! Im so excited, I shop at target all the time too so hello scanning here I come!

Amanda Love
    March 24, 2016 at 12:39 am

Having gotten out of the military last year myself I can relate a little. I however retired so it might be a little bit easier for me. I haven’t heard of a few of these but any way I can make some extra spending money is just right for me.

Rose Sahetapy
    March 24, 2016 at 2:53 am

I always look to get more opportunitie to work from home, and this come at right time. I might check out those.

Ana De- Jesus
    March 24, 2016 at 6:29 am

Looks like I need to check Ibotta I have been looking for as many ways to make money as possible as I am kinda ok super broke right now. Graduate problems haha!

Nikka Shae
    March 24, 2016 at 7:58 am

There’s so many scams out there so I’m cautious about that. You listed some good links and I’m going to check them out. It good to make a little extra money for shopping !! Haaa

Debra
    March 24, 2016 at 11:03 am

I used to use Swagbucks all the time and they were great! I haven’t used them in a while but they were wonderful when I needed them!

Eileen
    March 24, 2016 at 11:45 am

I have heard of Ebates and Ibotta – but never knew what they did. These are all great ways to make and save money. I need to sign up for these today

Laci
    March 24, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Love these I know a few people personally that do a few of these and do great.

Julie @ Girl on the Move
    March 24, 2016 at 1:06 pm

I love this list of ideas and appreciate that you didn’t make this a post with 73 ways to make money from home without actually knowing if each one is a scam or the real deal…I like that you listed what you know to be the real deal! And I think a little extra spending money so finances aren’t so stressful is always a good thing

laura londergan
    March 24, 2016 at 5:05 pm

I got to be honest girl, this was the best post I have read all day! I am sooo going to check out these apps when I get a spare minute but pinning in the meantime. Thanks for the info Most importantly – THANK YOU for your sevrice! =)

Danielle Des
    March 24, 2016 at 8:41 pm

I’ve pinned this because you never know when you’ll need to make some extra cash.

Mimi
    March 24, 2016 at 9:30 pm

I’d heard of a couple of these, but not all of them. I haven’t used Swaybacks in ages, and should go back to using them! I can only imagine how easy it can be to make some cash from apps that you’d use any how!

Monica Benavidez
    March 25, 2016 at 9:05 am

I love Ebates! That is a great way to get money back from stuff you’d be buying anyways. Will definitely have to check out the others you mentioned.

dani cc
    March 25, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Thank You for sharing these clever ways to generate some revenue while staying at home. I’ve never tried any of these but am very interested in signing up!