baby lifestyle mom

Working Out After Baby.

This should be titled ‘Throwing Up After Baby’ because that’s exactly what happens when you work out for the first time in over 9 months.
Seriously. I just finished day 3 and I want to vomit all over the place. Having a baby makes you more out of shape then I ever thought possible. Last time I did it, I remember week 1 being the hardest, it gets easier, and then week 4 you want to kill yourself again. Needless to say, I am looking forward to when this doesn’t suck so bad!
Jumping jacks after you push a baby out of your crotch? HA.
Peeing jacks is more like it. Every jump makes your bladder fall out of your body and I have to run to the bathroom after each set. Literally.
Crunches? They burn like there’s no tomorrow. You would think after carrying a baby in your stomach it would build some stomach muscle, not make it disappear completely.
Squats while doing dumbbell raises?! I couldn’t stand up for the first 2 days. My butt and legs are still burning in agony but I can at least stand up from the couch by myself today.
Mila also hates Jillian. She likes to watch me workout and judge me the whole time. The first day I swear she smirked and smiled the whole time like “HA my mom thinks she can workout, and will never do this again.”
Day 2 she got more serious and judged my form. Obviously that is what she is doing in this picture…
I do feel amazing when the workout is done, but they are the longest 20 minutes of my life.
For those of you working out after baby, did you have the same issues? and for those of you who are pregnant right now, start working out a little so you aren’t 100% out of shape like I was!!

Jamie
    September 5, 2013 at 1:24 pm

You can do it! Just do a little at a time. You'll be there in no time.

Natalie
    September 5, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I need to do this. I really need to do this. I hear it's very intense but it works.

I remember I lost 30 lbs when I did Denise Austin's workouts. Oh man I felt like I was gonna die. She's so peppy and happy. That alone killed me. Who the EFF is THAT happy when you are working out! Ugh!!

Do it girl! I have faith in ya!

Arielle
    September 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Haha that face is hilarious!

Jasmine Vargas
    September 5, 2013 at 2:02 pm

ummm.. i have two kids and they're 4 & 2 and I only weigh 108lbs and I'm freaking out of shape. Working out is such a drag for me somtimes. But you gotta keep doing it.

Mrs.B
    September 5, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I have to mute the TV, that's how much I can't stand her loud talking. haha It's hard but start small. I don't do it everyday like you're supposed to instead we'll go for walks or have dance parties. I know I should take it more seriously but I have to keep the 4 year old entertained as well!

Mrs. F
    September 5, 2013 at 3:32 pm

OMG I tried the Brazilian Butt videos after my first was born since I needed to pass a PT test 6 months post-partum. Yeah….after being in the BEST shape of my life just prior to getting pregnant and even staying super fit during pregnancy, it was super hard and humbling. Running was embarrassing and required panty liners. Just wait until you have #2 (if you do), things are even harder!

Tales of a young mamma
    September 5, 2013 at 4:18 pm

oh man the first time I did the thirty day shred after my c-section I thought i was going to die- felt like my c-section scar was going to rip right open! Needless to say I didn't do that again for a while..but maybe attempting that 4 weeks after c-section wasn't the best idea

jackie jade
    September 5, 2013 at 5:04 pm

i've tried a few of her workouts and wanted to die, even without having first birthed a baby. so i can only imagine your pain! hopefully it'll get better – good luck!
    — jackie @ jade and oak

Kelsey
    September 5, 2013 at 5:37 pm

What pound weights are you using? Her workouts definitely kick my ass sometimes, but when you can't walk to two days after that is NOT a good sign! I was having this problem and went to a massage therapist, and she suggested that I spend at least 10 or 15 minutes stretching afterwards!

Michelle
    September 5, 2013 at 6:00 pm

My first post-baby workout was a Jillian Michaels DVD…man, I hate that bitch. And yes, it was the same…totally humbling and miserable, and Elizaebth would cry every time she heard Jillian speak. I think I lasted 2 weeks. It was a nice little jump start. But then I joined Stroller Strides and that has whipped me in to the best shape of my life.

Wifessionals
    September 5, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Jillian is my go-to so I'm curious to see how absolutely horrible it is in a month or two lol

Amy Harris
    September 5, 2013 at 11:33 pm

haha i remember my abs feeling SO weird after working out the first time. also whenever i do workout videos and brooks watches me he laughs and smiles like he's judging away. must be a baby thing 🙂
    love//amy

Kelly {Sparkles and Shoes}
    September 6, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I really do need to get on the Jillian Michaels train!

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk
    September 7, 2013 at 4:06 pm

this is totally gunna kick my butt! jillian always has. i hate that mean lady. haha!

life as Mrs.
    September 7, 2013 at 6:50 pm

haha yes it sucks! and every time i try to do the 30day shred i last like 4 days and then i stop.. and then start back again a couple weeks later and then stop.. she's a bitch for pushin us like that!

Becca Moss
    September 10, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Awh you can do it! But darlin' trust me when I say that you're not nearly as bad and out of shape as you think you are! Give yourself a break, you looked AMAZING before you delivered and you look AMAZING now!

polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk
    September 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm

You'll get there!!

Grace | polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

Misty
    September 11, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I agree. Jillian is an evil bitch.

Rhe Christine
    October 1, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I just happened upon your site and I'm totally dying of laughter. So, i've had three kids come out of me…holy cow. our new neighbor has a trampoline my kids ALWAYS want me to go on with them. ha!!!!! you are not alone my friend. so happy to be a new follower