Uncategorized

Bugs. Not cool.

I hate bugs. Seriously. Hate bugs.
Hubby loves them. If he sees one inside he rushes to its rescue before I can stomp on it…if I even have the balls to stomp on a bug that day.
He found a beetle on its back and its leg all messed up and nursed it back to health on our balcony before it flew away. What was I doing during this? Freaking out that he was touching it, while cowardly waiting for it to be gone. I have no idea where this fear of bugs came from but when I was a kid I was TERRIFIED of butterflies. Like, I remember crying because a butterfly flew next to me in our backyard. Who does that? Flying bugs are so much worse.
We have our first outbreak of tiny little fruit flies. I blame Germany and its ‘no garbage disposal’ lameness. No matter how many times I pour a baking soda and white vinegar cocktail down the drain, the flies still come out of it. So now the house has vinegar/lemon soap booby traps all over, catching the little buggers in the act.
Hubby could care less about them which infuriates me.
Especially when I have my coffee cup sitting out for 5 minutes before I find two bugs floating inside. They love coffee. Not as much as I do, so after washing out my mug 25 times to get rid of any bug residue, I now have to cover my cup with a napkin so I dont get roofied by a fruit fly.
Hubby says it was probably coffee grinds. With wings. Real cute.
P.S. our coffee table is permanently covered in Legos now.
End rant.

Emma
    August 18, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I just had the same thing in my house- multiple plastic cups of vinegar and laundry detergent all in the kitchen! It works & the fruit flies are gone, but my house still smells like vinegar! urgh!

Elisha
    August 18, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I hate bugs too–gross!!

Lisa
    August 18, 2012 at 3:46 pm

i hate bugs too lol my bf things i have an eye for them.. cause i can spot them anywhere if i see one. 🙂

RadiantKristen
    August 18, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Fruit flies are the worst! You can also drown them in Captain Morgan… we had some last fall, and w had the bartender pour spouts on a few bottles. Our Captain was forever ruined, but we caught a whole bunch in the bottle before we even knew what was happening.

Mish Lovin' Life
    August 18, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Ewwwww. I'm right there with you. Flying ones will be the death of me.

Beth Smith
    August 18, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I put 2 drops of dawn in apple cider vinegar and that seems to kill them prety quick.

Janee'
    August 18, 2012 at 10:42 pm

hahaha your napkin over your cup cracks me up! You're too cute! Does the lemon/vinegar concept work?

brook
    August 19, 2012 at 12:42 am

Yuck, I hate bugs too. I am terrified of them and in turn, it has made my daughter terrified of them. I scream and wale my arms around like a weirdo while people stare at me haha. I love the "roofied by a fruit fly" and how your hubby said "coffee grounds with wings" lol! This post was cute especially the graphic.

Olivia Carter
    August 19, 2012 at 1:31 am

Ewww… I hate bugs too & we live right on a mountain so we get all manner of grossies visiting our house!

hellolj
    August 19, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Bless your heart! I feel your pain! I'm too much of a wimp to step on bugs too, especially if I'm wearing flip flops. I don't know if I just think they're gonna jump up and give my foot one last bite before they go or what. I have been known to spray them with whatever is closest to me. This includes the day my husband came home our new apartment (that was right next to a huge patch of woods) and found beetles hairsprayed to the wall and floor and me at my mothers house because I couldn't handle waiting on him to get home! HA!

Liz Brown
    August 19, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I was going to say … Legos? That was the first thing I noticed about the napkin/cup picture. 🙂

Alyssa Ann
    August 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Ick, I HATE bugs too! When we first moved into our house we found out that A. our inspector was completely incompetent and B. We had a german cockroach problem – gaaaaaaarossssss!

Kaylee Gwyn
    August 20, 2012 at 12:33 am

Bugs are the worse. They are super gross. They all should die. I completely agree with you 100%. End of rant.

Stela
    August 20, 2012 at 6:13 am

I'm with you! I HATE bugs!! I get creeped out by crickets and grasshoppers because they jump!! AH!
    My husband likes to give them personalities and little voices and then I start to feel all guilty that I want them dead.

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails
    August 20, 2012 at 7:16 pm

oh me too! i FLIP out with bugs, and i totally am living alone right now and i try and sick my dog on the bugs and he just stares at me all like 'what? im busy sleeping'.

anyhow – found your blog from secondhand sundays and i'm loving it!

<3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway