lifestyle military travel

Redbull Flugtag, waffles, and ducks!

This weekend we must have walked 20,000 miles. Well it felt and still totally feels like we did, since I cant get out of bed without cringing. It will be nice once our car gets here but until then, using the train and walking everywhere is totally worth it.
We went to the Redbull Flugtag yesterday and it was PACKED. If you havent heard/seen the commercials for these events, people make their own flying machines and try to launch them off a cliff to see who can go the farthest. They get judged on dance moves before the launch, creativity, and how far they go before they land into the Rhein River.
Us drinking Cranberry and Blueberry Redbulls…yum!
We finally found an Urban Outfitters and it was the fanciest one we’ve ever been in.
I am sooo happy to find that Bubble Tea is on every corner here. Hubby has always hated it back home and now he finally loves it. Our favorites are Vanilla tea with coffee boba and Caramel milk with yogurt boba. I want one right now.
Waffles with ice cream and Happy Hour drinks for dinner!
Hubby wanted to have a picnic and Im so glad we went. The Wiesbaden park is beautiful. We decided its our new Sunday tradition since all the stores are closed that day. People lay out in their bathing suits/bras and underwear. I was worried about no tanning beds/beaches here but problem solved. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous too.
Germans love Fanta. If you arent drinking Coca Cola, then you are drinking Fanta. They even mix the two drinks together and call it Mezzo Mix…its delicious.
Hubby chased around baby ducks and decided we will have a baby duck once we are back in the states.
My favorite graffitti we’ve seen so far.
The Commissary has Big Red! I have had so many cans of it this weekend.
We are still in the Army Lodging hotel and waiting on housing. So I feel like I cant get in the groove of things, nor do I have much free time. I cant wait to have time to read all of  your blogs and get back into normal posts, until then, thanks for hanging in there with me!

Melissa
    May 29, 2012 at 7:09 am

That sounds like such a fun weekend! Does Mezzo Mix come in a can? Or is it just something they mix together? I can't believe there's an Urban Outfitters and boba in Germany!

TIffany Gabriel
    May 29, 2012 at 7:17 am

Sounds like your living it up sista. Hope yall are able to get settled in a home of your own soon.

Amelia
    May 29, 2012 at 7:56 am

I am so incredibly envious of your journey! Germany looks like a beautiful and amazing place, lots of great things to see. This is definitely one of the perks of military life 🙂

Katrin
    May 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I am surprised you don't have Mezzo Mix in America. 🙂 You can also order it in a restaurant and it is called "Spezi".

Sweet Tea In Sicily
    May 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Love all the pics! I am so glad you're enjoying it. You'll be so much more comfortable once you move into your own house, promise!

I don't like the Fanta in Europe though… it tastes nothing like Fanta back home. More like orange juice in my opinion… lol

xo,
    Ash

Lauren
    May 29, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Looks like you're having a great time so far! I did notice Germans loved their bubble tea and their ice cream. I think they're on to something. Oh and Sunday's off so everyone can lay out in the sun, I think that's pretty great too 🙂

Brianna
    May 29, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I MISS BUBBLE TEA!! I used to live in Germany and LOVED it. I don't, however, miss Fanta. Ick.

Verena
    May 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I found your blog yesterday while searching around in the world wide web…..and i LOVE it so far. I am german and my boyfriend is stationed in the north of germany (about 600km from Wiesbaden). And yeah we german's love Mezzo Mix 🙂 …..

Kristen Seuberling
    May 29, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Sunday picnics in Germany sound divine. I wish American's lived a slightly less hectic pace of life!

dreaming en francais
    May 30, 2012 at 12:31 am

Love reading your updates from Germany! Looks like a good time so far! xo

Shaylynn... I blahwg It's True.
    May 30, 2012 at 12:46 am

Cranberry and Blueberry Redbulls… WHAT!?!?!? I hate redbull, like I do.. but I now just have to move to Germany now.. great.

However coca-cola & fanta? oh dear. oh dear. dear dear.

Charisma
    May 31, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Looks like Germany is a lot of fun so far! That graffiti looks fantastic! I had Mezzo Mix at Epcot…I agree, it is really good!