Uncategorized

Five things I have learned

Over the past month and a half that D has been gone,
I have learned 5 important things:
1. I am much stronger than I thought. The two weeks leading up to D shipping out, I was so upset that I wouldnt see him for months at a time and that I wouldnt be happy. It has been 45 days since I have seen him and guess what?  Im not dying. Yes I am very upset that he is gone and I think about him nonstop everyday! But I am not miserable and I am learning to be very independent.
2. Family is everything. I moved back home and I was worried I would be fighting with my mom and sister nonstop because we all have the same short fuse and freak out over everything. I am surprised to say we havent been fighting at all and I wouldnt have been able to be without D if I wasnt home. It has definately made it sooo much easier to be around family 🙂
3. Shopping addictions are curable. I remember spending a lot of my paycheck every week on clothes I didnt need. It would make me feel so guilty for buying it but once I put on that new blazer or slipped on a new pair of Toms I would feel so happy. I am proud to say I have only bought 2 pairs of shoes in the past few months, one of those pairs was 70% off and only cost 15 bucks! *pats self on back*  I dont even want to go shopping anymore either, it has definately lost its appeal.
4. Fur babies are just as good as real babies. Our puggle Monster cuddles with me every night and has a constant need for attention. Now that D is gone, who better to spoil than our fur baby? She gets to sleep in my bed everynight, go for longgggggg walks, and always has at least 2 bones by her side. Spoiled rotten!
5. Cellphones < Letters. I only have 27 days left until I see D and 45 days have passed. I only get to see him for 2 days and then he’s back to schooling for a while and we have a huge obstacle of not being able to talk on the phone but we can write lots and lots of letters 🙂 We have definately grown much stronger and closer since he has been gone through our letters. Whenever I check the mail and there are a pile of letters from him just for me it is the best feeling in the world. Wayyyyy better than a text message, who would of thought?!
“Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle,
rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong love can be.”

linking up here:

friday favorite things | finding joy

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma
    November 3, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Aww you sound like you have such a great attitude about it all! I can imagine how hard that would be..yes fur babies can be pretty amazing when your love is not there!

Mae
    November 3, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Sounds like you're doing so well!! I'm sure being with family is such a huge blessing. Those letters will be so great to look back on!!! I have similar letters between family members from over 100 years ago and it's just awesome to go back and read.

Matt and Chelsea
    November 3, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Getting letters is so romantic! : ) Sounds like you're doing a great job!

Candace Stevenson
    November 3, 2011 at 7:16 pm

awh what a lovely post! loveee handwritten letters 🙂 and yours are extra special!
    Lovely Little Rants

Karla
    November 3, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Say now I want a hand written letter :).. stay strong.. your love will be back in no time and all the sacrifices will be worth it! And thumbs up to fur babies!! Dont know what I would do if my little man didnt cuddle in our bed!

Bri Lamkin
    November 3, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Thank you for your comment! I have been wanting to read Bossypants since it came out! Now I will have to go get it. Also, I am a military wife as well. Girlfriend, I know how it is. My husband just got back last month from a four month officer training. It is hard but definitely do-able. Hang in there! I hope it goes by fast. I totally agree with everything you put in this post. We have a lot in common. 🙂

the hollie rogue
    November 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm

you are STRONG! i can't imagine how tough it must be to be apart, but glad that you are finding strength inside yourself and so proud of you! thanks for linking up, friend 🙂

ps. you guys are such a cute couple!

Natalie Ensor
    November 4, 2011 at 1:03 am

LOVE that you write each other. So much more fulfilling (like you said) And look at you and your bad self handling life on your own. YAY for growing and learning new things about yourself.

Winda Tiodang
    November 4, 2011 at 8:18 am

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore 🙂 i really like your blog. i will really reaaally appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!!! 😀 also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^
i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^

Cheryl
    November 5, 2011 at 1:43 am

my husband and i used to write each other letters over the summers when we were dating. this pre-dated texting and cell phones really. nothing beats a handwritten letter. nothing.
    great post. 🙂
    thanks for stopping by mine. your latest follower. 🙂